At Watson Moving & Storage, efficiency is key to success. Here are some helpful tips to help your move go smoothly…
- Find a reputable moving company. Ask your neighbors, friends, co-workers and relatives for recommendations. Check with the Better Business Bureau about the company you choose.
- Plan your move well ahead of time, 2-6 weeks if possible. Our Moving To-Do List can help you know what to do and when.
- Obtain estimates form several movers and compare costs and all other services to be provided by the mover. Be suspicious of estimates that are significantly lower than the rest. Ask the mover to explain all service costs to you.
- Beware of estimates done over the phone. Most movers will need to see your goods in order to make an accurate estimate of moving costs.
- Know which company is actually providing the moving services. Some companies that advertise moving services are simply brokers. Obtain information about how to contact the mover before, during and after the move. Be sure they are properly licensed with the Public Utilities Commission and Department of Transportation, and have adequate insurance.
- Find out what the mover’s responsibilities are for damages that occur.
- Do not sign blank or incomplete documents or allow anyone representing you to do so. Make sure you get everything in writing, including signed estimates. Customers should also make sure that all service costs are included in the written estimate and explained to them.
- Be present when the movers arrive at your house and stay until they are finished.
- If at all possible, make sure your new residence is available for occupancy prior to the commencement of the initial move. Direct movements historically result in fewer problems on the other end. Be there to obtain your goods and have the agreed-upon amount and method of payment ready.
- If you need to file a complaint, do so quickly by calling the PUC Consumer Affairs office at 1-800-456-0858.
Before your move
- Notify the post office that you are moving by filing a change-of-address form.
- Prepare a list of friends, relatives and businesses that need to be notified of your move.
- Set dates to have your utilities disconnected at your old home (plan to keep them connected through moving day) and connected at your new home.
- Obtain written appraisals of antiques and other valuable items. Do not wax or oil wood furniture or clean upholstery before moving.
- Clean out refrigerator and freezer and prop doors open for at least 24 hours. Remove all racks or secure them so they don’t shift during the move. If it has an icemaker, disconnect the waterline and make sure it’s completely drained.
- Decide ahead of time how you will transport houseplants and pets.
Watson Moving & Storage offers quality supplies at a competitive price. Please take the opportunity to review the essentials
Boxes & Packing Materials
|1.5 CuFt SMALL BOX (16″X16″X12″)||$2.75|
|3.1 CuFt MEDIUM BOX (18″X18″X18″)||$4.00|
|4.5 CuFt LARGE BOX (24″X18″X18″)||$5.00|
|6.1 CuFt X-LARGE BOX (24″X18″X24″)||$7.75|
|DISH-PACK BOX (18″X18″X28″)||$8.25|
|WARDROBE BOX (18″X18″X28″)||$20.25|
|2pc PICTURE BOX||$6.75|
|NEWSPAPER FILLER (50 LB BUNDLE)||$51.00|
|PAPER PADS (EACH)||$3.00|
|PACKING TAPE (PER ROLL)||$2.50|
|BUBBLE WRAP (PER FOOT)||$1.75|
|PACKING PEANUTS (PER BAG)||$2.00|