Movers ensure that customers’ belongings are safely transported from one location to another.
Transports furniture, office equipment, and related items both locally and nationally. Operates vehicles and mechanical equipment as required to facilitate loading, unloading, and transport of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation. Routinely interacts with customers and maintains professionalism. May work on estimates, invoicing and bill collecting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and ropes are used to prevent damage.
- Operates forklifts, mechanical lifts gates, and mechanical platforms to facilitate loading and unloading of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Locates and relocates desks, chairs, tables, bookcases, and other related office equipment and furniture.
- Arranges and sets up furniture and related items for use as instructed.
- Operates a large moving truck in the transportation of moving materials, as necessary.
- Performs snow removal, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Including but not limited to routine vehicle inspections, stocking of supplies, folding pads, preparing trucks for next day’s job.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- May serve as the main contact person in communications with customers regarding work orders.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Will wear appropriate attire, including Watson Moving shirt.
Crew Lead Responsibilities:
- Oversee crew
- Packing is done correctly
- Truck is taken care of and ready to go
- Ensure the inspection report is done
- Collecting the bill
- Scheduling and notification to crew for upcoming jobs
- Discipline and maintain order within the crew
- Lead by example
- Driving the trucks
- Reports damage to furniture and client property- striving to keep claims minimal by controlling the crew and maintaining focus on the job
- Prep house and loading the truck to ensure safety
- Making sure all equipment and materials for that job is available-ie mattress bags, shrink wrap
- Invoices and checks turned in on the same day of the move
- Timecards must be completed same day and done correctly
- Must request days off and get approval
- Pay rates are confidential and personal- not to be discussed with co-workers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate mechanical forklifts, lifts gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate a large moving truck, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Position requires: a) operating forklifts, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position; b) locating and moving office equipment and furniture; c) arranging and setting up furniture; d) operation of a large truck for moving furniture and equipment, as appropriate to the position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check and be subject to random drug and alcohol tests– related to CDL drivers.
- Possession of a valid Colorado drivers license, as appropriate to position.
- Arrive to work on time and stay until the job is complete.
- No smoking within sight of the customers or the truck and their belongings.
- Respect owner, co-workers, and customers at all times.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting; pushing or pulling required of objects over 50lbs.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Hours and days of operation could be expended—including but not limited to evenings and weekends.
Watson Moving & Storage
Located in Northern Colorado
Valid Through 9/1/20